Monday, January 13, 2020

The balanced S-match

Just when  you think  you've seen all types of antenna coupler configurations, another comes along.

It's called the 'S-match' and is designed for use with balanced antennas eg tuned feeder dipoles.

A description appears on the website of one of our radio clubs in Melbourne.

http://www.wandarc.org.au/2019/09/08/balanced-s-matcher/

It's based on ideas from PA0FRI and RZ3AE.

I've not yet tried it. Have you? If so please let me know in the comments below.

PS: Want to learn about portable antennas? You'll find many ideas and projects in the top-selling Hand-carried QRP antennas.



1 comment:

  1. Hello Peter, my experiment here:

    https://pe4bas.blogspot.com/2016/11/s-match-experiment.html

    Not really satisfied and, because of my own fault, had repair costs on my MFJ259. I'm now planning a MFJ948 tuner modification one of these days...

    But as you proved in a earlier post it is just for fun. It doesn't really matter what tuner you use on a balanced antenna.

    73, Bas

    ReplyDelete

Upgraded vk3ye.com website

Enjoy reading about diverse facets of amateur radio? Like building projects? Sometimes find my videos hard to find? If any of these applies ...