Friday, September 13, 2019

Measuring inductance with just two transistors (a simple method)

The China boom and online ordering has made test gear incredibly cheap for making simple electronic measurements. 

But before that it was fairly expensive. And many hams built their own test gear. 

This is something I put together in the early '90s to measure small values of inductance such as required in RF circuits. 


For what you can do with more sophisticated test year you may wish to read my earlier post here where I go into inductance, capacitance and reactance in a bit more detail. 

PS: I've now written six books on various aspects of amateur radio. Whether you experiment with antennas, enjoy QRP or are starting out in radio there's a book for you. Find out more here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Upgraded vk3ye.com website

Enjoy reading about diverse facets of amateur radio? Like building projects? Sometimes find my videos hard to find? If any of these applies ...