Monday, July 22, 2019

Mystery bargains at an Australian hamfest

"Hamfests aren't as good as they used to be". That's a common lament. Is it true? Or is it because hams tend to accumulate junk with age and there's less and less they really need. 

Anyway here's some finds at a local hamfest held on Saturday. I also test some of them. I think this has been one of my best hamfest hauls. 



PS: What have been  your best hamfest finds? Please share them in the comments below.


PS: Enjoy reading? Consider this selection of amateur radio books I have written. They are available in ebook or paperback. 


    


2 comments:

  1. Althoug I hear the same here in the Netherlands I always find something nice. And besides that it is fun to talk live to people you otherwise only talk to on the radio. 73, Bas

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have found many boxes of treasures at local hamfests. I even stayed after official closing to raid the dumpsters for what fellow hams did not want to take home. I appreciate the views if the small receive matchbox with the toroid in your video as I recently purchased one from China for $4 and the toroid was not connected properly inside. now I have a screen shot of your video that shows me how it is to be connected. I enjoy your daily antenna emails.

    ReplyDelete

Upgraded vk3ye.com website

Enjoy reading about diverse facets of amateur radio? Like building projects? Sometimes find my videos hard to find? If any of these applies ...