Monday, August 5, 2019

Oblong loop antenna for 144 MHz - I build one!

Want something even lighter than the folding beam featured yesterday?

Back in April I wrote about the 50 ohm rectangular loop and presented a few links. 

I was intrigued but hadn't actually tried one with 50 ohm coax feedline.

Now I have. I built one for 2m. It's very light, being two dowels with wires between them. That allows it to be held high on a fishing pole. I had some good results on 2m WSPR as you can see from the video below.  




PS: I have written five books on amateur radio topics. They are available in electronic and paperback form (most countries). Ebooks are under $US 5 each. Find our more here or follow VK3YE Radio Books on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upgraded vk3ye.com website

Enjoy reading about diverse facets of amateur radio? Like building projects? Sometimes find my videos hard to find? If any of these applies ...