If you can tolerate some extra length, you can get better results if you build your own. The cost is low. Your handheld will hear better and transmit further. And the simple designs around make it a great evening or weekend project.
Here's a few practical ideas to get you building:
* Add a counterpoise antenna wire
* F3WM pocket antenna
* M0PZT Slim Jim
* VK1NAM 2m flexible Slim Jim and a coaxial dipole
* ON6MU rubber duck portable antenna
* PI4ASV 2m or 6m coax vertical
* PA0FBK 2m & 70cm coax roll up antenna and a half wavelength vertical for 2m
If you try any please let others know how you go in the comments below.
PS: Want to read more about antennas and other amateur radio topics? These books could be of interest. Available in both electronic and paperback.