Friday, May 17, 2019

Broadband RF noise detector

OK, so it's not an antenna or an accessory but it can still be handy around the shack. Wave it near a modem or switch mode power supply to see how much RF it chucks out. Hear aircraft at an airport or the local AM stations (all at once!). 


I'm talking about a broadband AM receiver. It's very simple. Basically a crystal set followed by a high gain audio amplifier. See the circuit and hear a demonstration in the video below. 



I also suggest following the links and reading the viewer comments.

PS: Enjoy the Daily Antenna and my videos? Wish to support them? If so please store this link to Amazon Shopping as a bookmark or favourite. Then when you buy something I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you). Or browse my books page to see if any titles appeal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Upgraded vk3ye.com website

Enjoy reading about diverse facets of amateur radio? Like building projects? Sometimes find my videos hard to find? If any of these applies ...