Monday, May 20, 2019

Rowland Ring Railing HF receive antenna

A few days ago I loaded up a football goal post as an HF transmitting antenna. I made a couple of contacts on HF. Coupling was via a Rowland Ring. This time I'm using one with a pier railing about 40m long.  It's quite a good HF receive antenna, with quite low noise (even though homes and shops are a few hundred metres away).  More in the video below. 




PS: Enjoy this blog? Wish to support it? Please store this link to Amazon Shopping as a bookmark or favourite. Then, when you buy something I receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you). 

1 comment:

  1. Very interesting I have been in antenna s for most of my life but very heard of a rolling ring antenna.

    ReplyDelete

Upgraded vk3ye.com website

Enjoy reading about diverse facets of amateur radio? Like building projects? Sometimes find my videos hard to find? If any of these applies ...